This blog was for my very first English class in college. Highschool-dropout --> college grad

Monday, February 3, 2014

What if

What if I won the lottery

You could visit heaven

There were no speed limits

There was a magic weight loss pill

We changed color in the rain

We were snowed in for 2 months

I could fly

I was telekinetic

I was the fastest runner

Double bacon cheeseburgers were healthy

My husband loved to read

My kids became famous

All clothes were free

If I won the lottery I know I would wait a while to tell everyone. Even my husband. He is the big spender and I would want to make a game plan and set limits and goals before he blew through it all. I have always thought about how nice it would be to not have to worry about money, and I am sure I would be generous with my family and friends (luckily it is a small circle) I know things would change though. I would want to be generous without feeling that those people owe me something, but I bet that would be super hard. If one of my bff's is busy now and doesn't answer when I call I get annoyed. Would I feel entitled to have them on call? I hope not, but what if? What if they cant be happy for me or relate to me anymore because the assume I am not the same or they feel too much envy to be happy for me. Those are the scary things. The happy things are that I feel I have a few great charities I would like to help. I wouldn't want to move, because my sons last breaths were in my home. I would however love to add on. I love houses in general, especially old houses. Would I buy a house on each side of town and spend some time in each. Wasteful maybe, but I am not thinking huge mansions. I would definitely buy my bro one. He is autistic and unable to work, he really struggles. Then my sister is homeless, I would have to buy her one. I also have my bro and sis from my dad, and then Shane has 5 bro-sis. Lots and lots of houses.


What if my brother never lost his house. He lived in my mothers house after she passed. We paid the little mortgage he had each month and he really never had much left to live one. We didn't realize the house had a balloon mortgage and we (or really he) lost it. It was very sad because we only owned about $10000. I am getting off topic. If he had never lost it then he would still be on our good old Burton street. The winters were very cold, the flooring was rotted the roof caving in and there was very little insulation. He would have felt at home still though. Maybe eventually we would have been able to fix it up. If we did he still would have had to walk two miles to the nearest bus stop or I would still be driving him to the grocery store. I would still have a reason to say hi to our old neighbors. It would still be sad I bet. I think in the end his life would be harder because it was in such disarray. I bet my sister who is homeless and somewhat of a moocher would have moved in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment