This blog was for my very first English class in college. Highschool-dropout --> college grad

Friday, January 31, 2014

Honeymoon

I spent my honeymoon in Eureka springs. It was a couple of weeks after my husband and I got married. We stayed at the treehouse cottages. It was Beautiful!! We had a giant bed and we slept in till around noon each day. I know it is kinda weird to sleep so much on a honeymoon but Shane and I had already been together for 6 yrs by the time we got married. We had three kids so sleep was such a luxurious thing to us. We had no money to sight see, in fact we even brought our own food because we were no broke at the time. We ate an egg for breakfast, a grilled chz for lunch and din. the first night we had steak. We watched cable tv and really did nothing, but is was so fun and romantic and peaceful, we went hiking and of course took advantage of the hot tub.

1 comment:

  1. Eureka Springs is one of my favorite towns to visit. My boyfriend and I take a trip down there at least 6 times a year to simply unwind. We sit on the porch of our room drinking cocktails and people watch all day long. Occasionally we will scoop up enough energy to take a stroll through downtown but mostly we just enjoy being quiet and relaxed.

    I think a honeymoon is about bonding not becoming lavish with fancy vacations. I enjoyed you post as it brought home why I love Eureka; it's a place for couples to take a moment to enjoy each other.

    ReplyDelete