This blog was for my very first English class in college. Highschool-dropout --> college grad

Monday, January 27, 2014

ISFJ

After taking the Jung typology test for the second time...I feel my results are pretty accurate. The first time I took it I did not finish the assignment, I did not look at the detailed results. The results on the website, however, were not that relatable to me. Taking the test again, I ended up with slightly different results and I think they make more sense. The I standing for Introvert was the same both times I took the test. I know I am an introvert, seems obvious to me. Although it does not necessarily refer to being "shy" I am shy and I am always thinking. I like to get a feel for people before sharing. As far as writing goes, I may over think it, yet I feel it is easier than talking to others because I won't have the chance to analyse my audience too much. The S for sensing is one that changed during my second test. I am not sure how I answered the questions differently but I admit the second time I took it, I took it faster and did not think about the answers much. I do tend to rely on experience in my decision making process. I want to know the facts and I will search for them until I feel pretty secure in my conclusion. In writing I think this helps me to be informative and as accurate as possible, but it may also be harder for me to use my imagination. The Feeling part of the test I got both times and I do think of myself as empathetic. I like putting myself in other people's shoes so to speak. I like understanding where people are coming from and how they are motivated. I think this can be a very good thing as a writer, because most people want to feel they can relate to what they are reading in some way. The down side.. it can be very time consuming and detailed. Eventually I think it is overwhelming to constantly see other perspectives. The Judging part of the test, well the first time I took it I got P for perceiving and now I got J. I think it is funny how my thought process changes...but it really does. The weirdest thing about it is my first test was all slight preferences. This time I had a moderate tendency toward the judging one. For me I can relate to both types and my mood seemed to have a big effect on how I answered the questions. I hate feeling like I do not have choices, and I love last minute pressures, but I am also very comfortable with routines. I don't really mind them. I love surprises though. I have learned over the years that although complete procrastination is the tendency, it does not serve me well so I do try to stay on top of things to prevent getting overwhelmed and giving up. Overall, I think the test does a pretty good job at pinpointing the different types of people. I think that this info should be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment