This blog was for my very first English class in college. Highschool-dropout --> college grad

Friday, January 31, 2014

Shane's World

So this weekend my hubby Shane was home for both Saturday and Sunday. We got to spend lots of quality time. Lately he has been working Saturdays. so this was a nice change. It felt like sat didnt even exist though. It went by so fast and we didnt really accomplish anything. We even had a break from the kiddos and some time alone. Then sunday we went to his moms for breakfast and my sisters in ava for lunch/birthday party. Later we went to his sisters for dinner. By the end of the day Shane was really getting to me. He was speeding on the way to ava, we got pulled over, but luckily shane only got a warning. My hubby is a little rough around the edges. He has a heart of gold... and a mouth like a sailor. My family tends to be a little more bible thumping old fashioned country people,  at least my moms side is. Shanes family are loud potty mouths, but they are so much fun and I absolutely love them!! It is always a little stressful for me to be around Shane and my family. I shouldn't worry about it. They like him but I get embarrassed sometimes. It also stresses me being around his family sometimes because he lets it all hang out. Im talking farting contests, messing with the kids getting them wound up and often in trouble, and the language...Shane got his potty mouth from his mom. They are wonderful people and I truly love them to pieces, but they are the loud and VERY open. By the end of the day Shane was in his I'm 10 years old mood and I was just tired and ready for bed!! I do think men, Shane at least, has it easier in many ways. When he gets home I cook dinner and he chills. I help the kids w/ chores and homework and get there butts in bed while he relaxes. He works very hard, he is a fabricator and works 45-55 hours a week. I know he's tired when he gets home, but I think it would be pretty cool to have some set relaxation time. Alright...enough complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment