This blog was for my very first English class in college. Highschool-dropout --> college grad

Monday, February 3, 2014

I think I really like school. It is in a way fun for me. I have put it off for so long and I really love to learn. It is much different then when you chose to learn something just because. I feel challenged. I am also glad to get a break from the whole "homemaker" box. I stayed at home with my kids for about 5 or 6 years. I babysat and I helped take care of my sick mom and my brother too, but it is not the same as getting up with a specific purpose. Eventually, for me, staying at home became lonely, boring and I felt under appreciated. You don't really get thank yous that much for cleaning toilets and doing the dishes and laundry. When you make a home cooked dinner everyday, that also begins to feel less special. I was very thankful for the freedoms being at home allowed me to have. Time with my family being number one. I want to be here. I want to be able to provide them with more financial security of course, but I also want to do this for me. I don't want to waste my mind on daytime tv! So I like learning and I also feel a little interaction with grown ups is great. No poopy diapers!!!YAY. I love that my family are very supportive. They can tell it makes me happy and they try to do a little more around the house and for themselves now, which is great. I feel I am improving my thinking skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment